UNIQUE VINTAGE FAIRS in DORSET

details and updates for all Vintage at the Village Hall events are now on Fab Fairs website fabfairs.com

vintage clothing, fashion accessories and jewellery, English and French textiles, Brocante, decorative furniture, furnishings, garden and homeware, designer-maker crafts and a carefully chosen selection of handmade gifts.


Friday, 24 September 2010

Filling up fast!

Well, its been a really good few days!
The hall is larger than I remembered,
meaning we can comfortably accommodate more sellers
than I had originally thought!

In order to make it the best value-for-money possible
each stand will be approx 4 metres, with chairs + 2 x 6ft tables provided
 and enough room for extra tables/clothes rails/small furniture
and will cost £28 including free drinks (alas non-alcoholic!)

                             
5 more people have signed-up- Gill with the Random collection
of very wearable handmade vintage-inspired jewellery
(she has no blog at present but watch this space!)
Amanda Baird from Tisbury selling
vintage homewares, kitchenalia and clothes,
 Cecile from Elegancemaison with French linens and quilts
Lucy Bloom with exquisite, handmade gifts and homeware
and Miss Mary Elliott has just emailed to book a stand
for her dainty jewellery.

If you would like to come and join us, please contact me quickly!

10 comments:

Annie said...

What a wonderful setting, it will be great especially so near to Christmas. I would love to come but I think it may be a little too far me. Your flyers are beautiful.
Ann x

Fiona said...

Too far for me too, but fantastic idea! Good luck - will be watching blog with interest.

Cheap2Chic said...

If it's ok with you I'll print off the poster and stick it in my car window.

Vintage from the Village said...

Looks great but a bit far for me. Wish it was nearer !
Good luck and will follow the blog !
Sue x

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Again Elaine,
Sorry for my delay with this reply…Thanks again for your invitation to have a stand at the fair you are organising.
I was REALLY keen to be included and have been trying to convince myself that I could manage to, alongside running my shop (as well as attending the V&H fair the day before), but have decided that the shop takes up an awful lot of time and energy, so I am reluctantly going to have to say ‘no’. I heard today that the BBC may be bringing forward the first night showing of the start of the history based documentary, which was filmed in Shepton Mallet, to November 2nd. We in the town are generally hoping that this will bring a lot of interested people to the Market Place, keen to see where it was filmed etc. As I am yet to do a ‘run up to Christmas’ in Shepton, I am not sure what to expect, so may need plenty of stock in my shop. (As a lot of my stock is handmade by me, it can be tiring keeping up with demand, and finding the time.)
Sorry for my waffling, but I didn’t want it to sound like I was trying to make excuses, as I would have loved to have had a stand and be included in your great line-up. May I wish you and everyone participating a very successful day. Maybe you will consider me for a future fair?

All my best wishes,
Niki

fabriquefantastique said...

I certainly would sign up if I was in the UK...I think it sounds lovely and the price is right!

Jo said...

I would have so loved to have come to this wonderful event - could you please please please hold it on a Saturday or Sunday next time (if there is a next time)?! Please?!

Wishing you a successful and fun day.

Jo
x

bad penny said...

I've fallen in love with this old hut - we have a similar old Guide hut. Lovely to read about its history. If you could give me some ideas of other lovely places to visit ( hubby is boat mad of course ) while we are there. Prob not go for a pub lunch but hey why not so can you reccommend one ?
Yay I get to meet another Blogger in REAL LIFE!!

bad penny said...

PS Would you like me to put some flyers up ? I'm in Milford on Sea

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Oh my goodness how I wish I lived nearer as I would have definately had a stall especially as Shirley of Simply Chateau is your other half.
I cannot begin to tell you how many years I have followed you both on Ebay.
Good luck with the show I am sure it will be a success - you both have such lovely items.
Debbie